RulesWritten by Super User
The Academic Session consists of two terms: First term - April to September Second term - October to March
The following Vacation/Breaks will be observed by the School during the academic year. Autumn - 10 days (October) Winter - 10 days (December) Summer - 50 days (May and June)
A student will be evaluated on the basis of regular tests, assignments and project work in the internal segment. There will be continuous and comprehensive evaluation.
Promotion will be based on the weightage of the whole year's performance. Continuous and comprehensive evaluation will be done from class I to VIII Pass Percentage
1. In classes upto class VIII, to pass an examination, a candidate must obtain not less than 35% marks in each subject and an aggregate of 40% for promotion.
2. In classes upto VIII a student failing in one or two subjects may be granted promotion provided he or she has secured at least 30% marks in each of the failing subjects and has an aggregate of 40%.
3. In classes IX and XI a candidate should obtain not less than 40% marks in each subject and an aggregate of 45% for promotion.
4. In class IX and XI a student securing an aggregate of 45% but failing in one or two subjects by not more than
5. marks will be eligible to take the supplementary Examination in the first week of May and will be promoted to the next higher class subject to his passing the examination.
6. It is mandatory to pass both in Theory and Practical Exams separately in Class XI for promotion to Class XII.
7. Any student who remains absent for reasons other than on medical grounds in any of the tests is awarded zero in that particular subject. One who fails to appear for the session ending examination for any reason shall not ordinarily be promoted to the next higher class even if he/she secured sufficient marks in other Tests/Examination.
8. Re-tests/Re-Examinations will not be conducted for absentees.
9. The Progress Report will be given to parents for perusal and signature on OPEN HOUSE DAYS (dates of which are given in Calendar of Events). The same should be returned within 3 days of its receipt, except in March when it may be retained by the parents.
10. If and when the Progress Report is lost by the student, a levy of Rs. 50/- will be charged for issuing a new Report Card. A letter from the Parent/Guardian should accompany such a request.
11. No separate written warning need to be issued, for detaining a student, on the basis of the result over the year.
12. Co-operation of the parents will help their wards in maintaining regularity in home assignments and regular appearance in the tests. Regular attendance will better the performance of the child without needing private tuition. Parents are requested to supervise the studies of their wards regularly. No relaxation will be granted if any of the above mentioned instructions are not followed strictly.
13. Students who have repeated the class for the second time will not be granted admission to the School.
MINIMUM ATTENDANCE FOR ANNUAL EXAMINATION
A student will not be allowed to appear in the annual examination if he/she has not put in a minimum of 75% of the total attendance of the academic session, including attendance in previous school if the student has been admitted on transfer.
CHANGE IN NAME/DATE OF BIRTH
The number of requests for change in name/date of birth are on the increase and C.B.S.E. does not entertain such requests. Therefore, at the time of admission parents are requested to give the correct name and date of birth of the pupil. Thereafter requests for change in these two documents will not be entertained or accepted.
Without the full co-operation of the home, education of the child remains incomplete. In order to promote this, OPEN HOUSES are arranged after every Unit Test / Terminal Examination, for all parents to interact with the teachers. Dates and timings are given in the Calendar of events. Parents are requested to avail this opportunity to come and know the progress of their wards from time to time, not only in academics but in other fields also.
It should be clearly understood that the Army/Airforce/Navy Trucks are run by the various units. The School does not hold any responsibility for these vehicles. The students travelling in these vehicles must carry a valid Pass. These passes may be checked on any day hence the students must have the Pass with them every day, failing which they will not be permitted to travel in the bus. The services of the School Buses owned by the school can be availed on payment, by contacting the school office. For the safety of the children one or two teachers and one conductor travel in the School
In the event of missing the bus/auto, after school, pupils should report to the school office and wait there till alternative arrangement is made. Keeping in mind the safety factor, students must not venture to go home on their own.
ARMY PUBLIC SCHOOL BUS(YELLOW)
Our School bus presently ply through these areas: Cox Town Bus stop, ITC Factory, Jai Bharath Nagar, Maruti Seva Nagar, Ramaswamy Palya, Kammanahalli, Subayanna Palya Main Road, Kullappa Circle, Jalvayu Vihar, Ring Road, Channasandra Bridge, TISCO, Ram Murthy Nagar, ITI Colony, Tin Factory, KR Puram Fly Over, Old Madras Road, Isolation Hospital, RTO Indiranagar, M.E.G Main Gate.
MODE OF FEE PAYMENT
a) Bus fee will be charged for the full school academic year b) Bus fee will be charged for To and Fro c) Security Deposit (Refundable) - Rs. 1000.00 d) Quarterly Fee - Rs. 1800.00 e) All payments must be made through Corporation Bank Extn. Counter.
a) From 01st to 10th of current month - Nil b) Upto 20th of current month - Rs. 100.00 c) Upto 30th of current month - Rs. 150.00 d) Upto 30th of next month - Rs. 200.00 e) Upto three months - Rs. 500.00
1. No pupil should be absent without obtaining prior permission from the Principal.
2. In case of absence a written application for leave should be submitted to the Principal before attendance is resumed. Date of leave application must be entered in the School Diary.
3. If absence is through illness, a certificate of fitness from the doctor must be produced on returning to school, along with the application for leave. The same must be entered in the School Diary also.
4. Leave letter must be addressed to the PRINCIPAL and not to the Class Teacher.
5. Under no circumstance should a parent send a child to School after an Infectious illness before he/she is completely free from infection. This must be supported by a medical certificate. Quarantine period for infectious disease must be strictly observed.
6. Attendance till the last day of a term is compulsory. Request for permission to leave before that date or extend the holiday after the commencement of a new Term will be entertained only in cases of emergency. Pupils absent on the last day of a term or on the first day of a new term are liable to be struck off the rolls.
7. Children who are ill should not be sent to School to appear for the Unit Test/Examination. Request for permission to return home after appearing for the Test/Examination because of illness will not be entertained. No Re-test will be conducted for children who have not been able to appear for a Test/Examination due to illness.
8. Children missing tests/examinations to participate in sports activities, NCC and co-curricular activities and representing the School or participating at the District, State, National and International levels will, however, receive consideration.
9. Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than three days is liable to result in the name of the pupil being struck off the rolls. Re-admission in such cases may be granted, subject to vacancy and only on payment of all dues.
10. Parents are requested not to take their children away from School during working hours. Sending applications for attending social functions will not be entertained.
Parents can meet the Class Teachers and Subject Teachers only on OPEN HOUSE days. Parents are requested not to disturb the teachers or GO TO THEIR CLASSES during school hours. For any emergency, parents may contact the school office to obtain permission from the PRINCIPAL. Please send lunch with your wards. If, for any reason, your ward forgets to bring his/her lunch or books, kindly hand them over with a slip bearing the student's name, class and section to the Sentry at the main gate. Arrangement has been made to hand over the articles to your wards before the lunch break. AS A GENERAL RULE THE ABOVE PRACTICE MUST BE KEPT TO THE MINIMUM. Parents who wish to meet the Principal may do so between 1200 hours to 1300 hours from Monday to Friday or by prior Appointment